Win a Pair of Tickets to the 17th Annual Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival!
Occasionally, RB and I have a little dark chocolate as a treat. Did you know Ghirardelli produces an 86% cacao variety chocolate bar called Midnight Reverie?! 🙂 It’s really best a little bit melty and eaten with a late harvest wine. Below, I will show you what I did with the bars Ghirardhelli sent me this week. I also want to invite you to the 17th Annual Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival and give you a chance to win 2 tickets to the event! (Contest open to anyone driving distance of the festival.)
The Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is excited to invite you to the annual, two-day chocolate celebration that has transformed into a true San Francisco staple. This year, we estimate over 40,000 in attendance over the weekend. Local vendors sample and showcase delicious treats that will delight any palate!
Ghirardelli Square, San Francisco, CA
September 8-9, 2012, 12pm-5pm
- On The Hunt for Ghirardelli Chocolate: Participate in an exciting hunt through Ghirardelli Square and discover fun facts about San Francisco’s premium chocolate company, Ghirardelli Chocolate! Solve all the clues and win a sweet treat!
- “Earthquake” Ice Cream Eating Contest: Battling each other and their own stomachs, competitors are sure to make this experience a memorable (and delicious) one. Children also compete with a smaller version of the famous Earthquake Sundae.
- Chocolate School- “From Cocoa Bean to Chocolate Bar”: Come join Ghirardelli’s own Head of Chocolate Making, Steve Genzoli, as he teaches “Chocolate School” and takes audience members through a tour of the delicious chocolate making process.
- Chef Demonstrations: Incorporate your products or services as local culinary professionals work their delicious magic on both Saturday and Sunday at the Culinary Stage in the West Plaza of Ghirardelli Square.
- Silent Auction to benefit Project Open Hand: Come help increase fundraising efforts for Project Open Hand by bidding on one of the fabulous chocolate, hotel, self-pampering, or restaurant prizes.
- Bake-Off: Watch the first ever Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival Bake Off featuring treats made with Ghirardelli products. Categories include: best cookie, best cake and best creative entry.
With the $20 sampling tickets, guests can sample up to 15 delicacies ranging from chocolate vodka, cupcakes, to ice cream sundaes.
To win a pair of tickets to the festival, please leave a comment in the comments section about your favorite chocolate dessert or Ghirardelli product! I will announce the winner this Friday! 🙂
Here’s the chocolate bar I mentioned earlier, and the just-in-season figs I sliced, dried, and dipped in the melted chocolate from the bar!