California Love Truck Launches to Offer a Restaurant on Wheels Featuring Local Produce and Meats
Just received this press release from my friends at Casque Wines in Loomis. (That’s the home of my favorite wine, a 2008 Roussanne. :)) Come up to the winery on June 30th (next Saturday) and check out the wines and the brand new California Love Truck! —cg
MoFo Truck will offer Distinctive Ethnic and Comfort Foods to Sacramento and parts of Placer County
The California Love Truck today announces the launch of their mobile food business to focus on distinctive ethnic and comfort food focused on local produce and meat products. The California Love Truck is the dream of Johnny Breedlove, Jr. who gained his experience in the kitchens of a number of local high end restaurants. His goal is to take his unique mix of comfort and ethnic foods and provide a different twist to offer a restaurant flavor on wheels.
California Love Truck will be supported by Johnny Breedlove and two close friends who are all use to working in tight quarters from their kitchen experience. They will bring their new cuisine primarily to the streets of Sacramento with an occasional trip to Placer County for special events such as their launch party at Casque Wines in Loomis California on June 30th, 2012. The truck will pull into the patio of this urban winery to introduce people from around the region to their amazing cuisine on wheels paired with some of the region’s top award winning wines from Casque Wines.
- Breedlove gained his experience working in the kitchens of the Brewster’s Bar & Grill, Café Bernardo, Shady Lady and One Speed Pizza where he mastered the skills of butchering meats, seafood, poultry while prepping vegetables and food items in all mediums of ovens, grills and fryers. He acquired hands on experience in all methods of broiling, grilling frying, sautéing, with the added skills of portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and marinating. Additionally he has a background in pizza dough and sauces. In some of those stints he learned the art of maintaining inventory to ensure a smooth service period in an impeccably sanitary work area, which will aid in running his own business.
- California Love Truck has a close knit team to prepare and then complete and cook the food in tight quarters while bringing the varied ethnic offerings with a twist. To assist Breedlove with the food prep, cooking, and service include Eddie Torres, a graduate of the Art Institute, with a focus on refining the art in the food and a background in food and wine pairing will bring significant experience and presentation skills to ensure the food looks as good as it tastes. Cordell Herrera has served as a line cook gaining his experience to keep it fast with high quality while dealing with the pressures of delivering a quality product.
- Local produce and what is currently available will drive the menu which will change with the seasons. Items such as Pork Belly Tacos and Meatball Sandwiches will feature Bledsoe Pork, Blood Orange Salad and Chicken Wings with an Asian Sauce that will capture the attention of any Ranch Dressing fan but open their world to bright, new and fresh flavors.
- The California Love Truck Launch Party will be held on the back patio at Casque Wines on Saturday, June 30th from 6:00 – 9:00 pm. Singer/Songwriter Jon Dufour will play a variety of original and well known songs from decades past, with some sing along to provide something for everyone. The winery is located at 3273 Swetzer Road in Loomis California, just 3 minutes off of I-80 at the Horseshoe Bar exit.. It is located next to Loomis Basin Brewery so beer patrons will also be able to pick up food at the winery and take it to the patio at the Brewery to enjoy. Click here for event details.
- California Love Truck has lined up several locations including the Thursday night Sactomofo Roundup, Norcal Food Truck events all over Sacramento, and Wednesday Lunch at CalPers from 11-1. They are still securing additional locations and recommend you follow them on Facebook and Twitter to hear about their current locations. www.calilfornialovetruck.comFacebook: CaliLoveTruck
ABOUT CALIFORNIA LOVE TRUCK
Lack of time shouldn’t mean sacrificing a quality meal in today’s fast paced environment where taking the full hour or longer lunch is hard to come by. California Love Truck’s goal is to provide locals a pre- lunch, lunch, and late afternoon unique food experience. Their focus is on serving the best of local produce and meat products offering a distinctive flair with ethnic and comfort foods. The California Love Truck team strives to provide the quality of a fine restaurant in a eat-on-the-run approach.