Wine Wednesday: 5th Annual HALL Cabernet Cookoff Takes Place Sunday, May 18, 2014
Oops. So I haven’t posted anything since last Wednesday, which was also Wine Wednesday. Well, this one comes from my friends at HALL Wines. Their 5th Annual HALL Cabernet Cookoff is on Sunday, May 18th, and here’s a press release I received to tell you all about it:
The fifth annual HALL Cabernet Cookoff features an all-star line-up of both San Francisco and Napa Valley based Chef teams vying to win a culinary pairing challenge. Bringing together local foodies and wine for a good cause, over 15 chef teams will compete for a local charity as judged by industry judges (including Sacramento’s own food and wine writer Chris Macias) by creating small bite dishes paired with the recently released HALL 2011 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. During the event, guests will be invited to taste farm-to-table dishes from each chef team paired with the wine and vote on their favorite for the People’s Choice Award.
The 2013 HALL Cabernet Cookoff drew more than 480 culinary and wine lovers and raised $30,000 for the top four winning team’s sponsored charities.
5th Annual HALL Cabernet Cookoff combining a bevy of well-known culinary teams competing in a food/wine pairing challenge. Chef teams participating in the HALL Cabernet Cookoff include:
- Tyler Rodde, Oenotri
- Victoria Acosta, The Grill at Meadowood
- Rodney Worth & Audrey Perrone, The Pear Bistro
- Corrie Beezley, The Farmers Market Pantry
- Christopher Ludwick, Earth’s Bounty Kitchen & Winebar
- Valentina Migotto & Dario De Conti, Ca’ Momi
- Jesse McQuarrie, Feast Catering
- Brian Overhauser, Jamieson Ranch
- Jason Toji & Spencer Weiss, Press
- Will Wright, Bounty Hunter Smokin BBQ
- Nenad Stefanovic, Intercontinental Mark Hopkins
- Kara Lind, Kara’s Cupcakes
- Mark Dommen, One Market Restaurant
- Alex Marsh, Yankee Pier Larkspur
- Daniel Capra, Paula Le Duc Catering
WHEN: Sunday, May 18, 2014, from 11:00am – 2:00pm PST
WHERE: HALL Wines, St. Helena: 401 St. Helena Hwy. South St. Helena, CA 94574. For more information, please visit www.hallwines.com/cabernetcookoff or via social channels using #cabernetcookoff. To purchase tickets to the event, please visit CellarPass.